Sunday, January 17, 2010

We Are The Broken

We are the broken,
Our lives have changed
Our children taken
We're filled with pain.

We look to you
To show you care,
At first you support us
Then you're not there.

We see you out,
You see us too
But you avoid us
That hurts too.

What did we do
For you to leave?
Our children died
And now we grieve.

We put on masks
When you are near,
We scream inside,
But you don't hear.

You tell us "Move on.
Get on with your life."
We smile and nod,
Your words cut like a knife.

We long to hear our child's name.
You'd like it to stay unspoken.
So you don't call because you're afraid
That someday you may be broken.

~Kim Lasater~
01/10/10

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kim....

    Love and hugs to all my MOMS.

    isaida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim
    I love your poem, I am tired of wearing the mask and if people don't like the real me then like you I don't want them in my life anyway.
    Love ya
    Mom 2 an Angel
    Angel Jim

    ReplyDelete