Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Aww yes the day most younger people relish. The superstitious dread it but for the forgotten Mom this day like everything in our life brings on a whole new meaning. Timmy was murdered on this day and while each month the 13th will bring even more heartache the actual Friday the 13th brings pain that is unimagineable to the average mom. Our daughter Lisa loved the movies and each and every time there was a new one being released on Friday the 13th that is where you would find her. I never did understand the whole thing but then again I grew up with Pyscho and admittedly was one taken by the Hitchcock classics. Little did I know what layed ahead. Our daughter would actually die much similar just take away the ripping of the shower curtain and replace it with...well that is something our family with have to live with the rest of our lives...the image...the image I saw of my murdered daughter lying on the floor. It wasn't a movie just like it wasn't for Bette and her family the image of Timmy, as well as all the forgotten moms, being the last image they will have. It is real life and it is a reality most families are spared from ever knowing or living.

2 comments:

  1. I am thinking maybe Jim and Lisa spent Halloween watching scary movies he loved 'em too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura/AV thank you for writing this blog. I was thinking of doing one myself but with the way things have been these past few days I didn't know what to write. How this "Friday the 13th" haunts me now. And how each time it comes around I cringe wondering what's going to happen on this terrible terrible day. How when we were little those stupid superstitions would make us laugh, like don't let the black cat walk in front of your path, never go under a ladder, etc. Now this day will always haunt me forever, I remember how Timmy loved those scary movies, Freddy Kruger, Halloween, Friday the 13th, I hated them, now I hate them more than ever. I hate this day, it's not just the date, it's the day! When the 13 falls on a Friday I feel like shriveling up inside. It is something that we will have to live with for the rest of our lives, and every time the 13th falls on a Friday my heart drops.

    ReplyDelete